The buildings, dating from the 1970s, were renovated to house the offices, dining room and nursery of the Intesa Sanpaolo Campus technological centre.
The buildings, dating from the 1970s, were renovated to house the offices, dining room and nursery of the Intesa Sanpaolo Campus technological centre. The number of workstations rose from 1600 to 2300. The original upright and crosspiece facades, with single sheet glazing, were replaced by a curtain wall of transparent glass cells with graded white shadings next to the floor slabs, and white retrovarnished glass cells corresponding to the interlevel technical cavity housings. The new outer frame makes for better natural lighting of interiors as well as energy saving. Technical fabric tensile structures control radiation on the nursery building’s elevations.
The layout of the offices is reorganised mainly on an open-space basis, with a double distribution corridor and a central space enclosed by coloured glass walls to house conference rooms and communal services. The open space workstations are arranged in work groups using glass and wood partitions. Where requested, management rooms defined by wood and glass mobile walls were inserted.
The campus was enriched by a new guardhouse built with an imposing reinforced concrete cantilever.
aMDL architetto Michele De Lucchi S.r.l. - Michele De Lucchi
Alberto Bianchi (project leader), Simona Agabio, Alessandro Ghiringhelli, Laiza Tonali
Codelfa - Gozzo Impianti (building contractor); Focchi (facade)
2007-2011 design; 2011 completion
28,900 m2 offices
1,620 m2 dining hall dehors
2,150 m2 asylum
Alessandra Chemollo (cover, photos 1/10-6/10)
Mario Carrieri (photos 7/10-9/10)
Michele De Lucchi